Saturday, November 28, 2009
Recovery doesn't have to be done alone
Most people make changes on their own. About 80%. But the other 20% have a much tougher time. Their biochemistry has been altered and recovery is no longer just a choice, but a biological craving like being extremely thirty for water when one is parched.
To deal with these cravings people need understanding, support, and tools to manage these cravings and triggers. That's where treatment helps. There are people who know what it takes, how it might be accomplished, and can teach and assist in taking life changing action.
If you have promised yourself that you can stop your use or behavior, that you will quit tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes or doesn't last, you are not alone. Treatment is available which is life transforming for you and your relationships.
Posted by David G. Markham at 10:11 PM