Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chautauqua County authorities warn residents about dangers of discarded meth bottles

This photo was included in the WKBW article "Chautauqua County Toxic Warning," which was last updated at 6:22 p.m. EDT yesterday. No photographer is cited.

All quotes are from the article, which has no identified author other than WKBW News.

Meth manufacturers who use the "one pot (bottle) manufacturing (cook) method" have been throwing their leftover bottles out along the road, according to the WKBW article. These bottles contain the residues of meth makers' operations, which are highly toxic. Physical contact "can burn the skin and cause very severe respiratory damage," and merely being exposed to the fumes "can cause itching and burn the eyes, throat, and lungs if inhaled."

Chautauqua County Sheriff Joseph Gerace is advising people not to touch such bottles if they find them. Such "device(s)" should be reported to law enforcement, who will handle disposal.

Click here
for the full article.

No comments: