Monday, December 27, 2010

Dec. 27th post, part 2: Genesee County students' Christmas Concerts

My first morning post had to do with a story on marijuana -- I'd like to focus more on protective factors for our youth in the next couple posts.

As we know, a protective factor for dissuading youths from drug/alcohol use, bullying, and other risky behaviors is praise from adults. Likewise, another protective factor is involvement in healthy, creative activities. As a correspondent for The Batavian, I did a series of videos on school Christmas concerts in Genesee County. Even though some would argue that Christmas is over -- personally, I maintain that the Christmas Season extends officially through New Years' Eve -- I say it's still relevant. In the spirit of Prevention and education, let's take a moment to honor our kids for a job well done:


PART I



PART II



PART III

No comments: